Posts Tagged ‘software’
I have contacted Zend founder Zeev and a friend of mine who have 2 servers running Zend Server Enterprise contacted Zend support.
The official response right now it: There is no ETA but because of the big interest we are looking at it.
I have checked the fix provided on Zend Forums (link) and using it it works, but you can not use imap any more, so if you have an applicaiton that uses it, dont install it.
But what I did found interesting is that the problem only occurs when you re enable Zend repositories after the upgrade, so if you made the upgrade to Ubuntu Precise with Zend Server installed you can continue to use it, just leave the repositories off.
In any case my advice is NOT to update to the new Ubuntu untill this is sorted out or to switch to a different LAMP stack.
To all of us using Zend Server on Ubuntu DONT update to the latest version 12.04 (at least until they will fix it!).
As of now, although they have this posted as a bug from January it’s impossible to use Zend Server 5.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
zend-server-php-5.3 : Depends: php-5.3-common-extensions-zend-server but it is not going to be installed
The problem is seams is in libkrb53 which was a dummy for libkrb5-3 in previous versions and is no longer supported.
There is no known overrides as of now.
Well the second beta is out, and about 60 bug fixes were commited …
We will see how it works 🙂
WordPress developer team have released Beta 1 of the next version of WordPress.
This is not a production release, only install it on test servers to check on your themes and plugins!
If all goes well, WordPress 3.4 will be released in May. If you want to be a beta tester, you should check out the Codex article on how to report bugs.
Here’s some of what’s new:
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
And some of the under-the-hood changes:
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
- Support for installing child themes from the WordPress Themes Directory
Remember, if you find something you think is a bug, report it! You can bring it up in the alpha/beta forum, you can email it to the wp-testers list, or if you’ve confirmed that other people are experiencing the same bug, you can report it on the WordPress Core Trac. (We recommend starting in the forum or on the mailing list.)